Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Summer Vacation

I know, I'm a bad blogger. I've been slacking this whole summer. I still want to write about Siggraph and post some stuff I've been working on, but in the meantime you will get some sketches and pics from my trip to Massachusetts last week. We had a big family reunion type thing and I got in a couple sketches of my cousin's kids:


I had a great time while I was home. I saw tons of family and friends, as well as Cirque de Soleil! ("Saltimbanco" was the show we went to. Amazing.) Unfortunately photography is not allowed at those shows. I did manage to take some decent pictures of other stuff while I was there:
My new neice, Leah! So cute.
Slow exposure of kids playing with glowsticks at night. Neat effect.
Great picture of my cousin's kid.
In my mom's garden.
Cool mushrooms!

The lake at sunset.

Guy on stilts in Northampton. (Advertising Cirque de Soleil.)

My friend, Brie.

One of the cutest dogs ever. Bat dog!

We also stopped by the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst. What an awesome place. There was a neat exhibit on fantasy illustrators of the early twentieth century. Definitely worth a trip if you are in the area. In other news, Brittney and I were able to get a table for APE (Alternative Press Expo) here in SF this November! So I will be busy making really cool stuff to sell at that show. Will post again here with some of our wares as they become available. Hooray!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that guy on stilts! And the super randomly decorated truck adjacent to him.

Ian said...

What a great moment you illustrated with Maggie. I love her expression and that hair! Great model for maybe some other characters that you might be designing around now...

C.B. Canga said...

nice work here on this blog